- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
The Sports Ashram collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Data supplied by you to enable us to provide our services
- If you leave a comment on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Sports Ashram with most of the data we collect.
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a questionnaire, a contact form, a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
The Sports Ashram may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Via partners who have asked for your permission to do so
How will we use your data?
The Sports Ashram collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- If you agree: Contact you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- If you agree, TheSportsAshram will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
- We do not currently share your data with any partner companies
When The Sports Ashram processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Comments made by visitors may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How do we store your data?
The Sports Ashram securely stores your data electronically on-line and on password protected devices.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The Sports Ashram will keep your personal data for 2 years from your last use of our services. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from all devices and from on-line storage.
The Sports Ashram would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- We currently do not send out information from partner companies
You have the right at any time to stop The Sports Ashram from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please log in to your account and change your privacy settings.
What are your data protection rights?
The Sports Ashram would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data held by The Sports Ashram. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Sports Ashram correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Sports Ashram complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Sports Ashram erase your personal data, under certain conditions. This does not include any data that we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Sports Ashram restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Sports Ashram’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Sports Ashram transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by completing the contact form on the website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our log-in page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen option cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish a comment, an additional cookie will be saved to your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the comment you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
What types of cookies do we use?
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Functionality – The Sports Ashram uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- The Sports Ashram does not currently use any other type of Cookies
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that The Sports Ashram has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: ico.org.uk
This Policy is GDPR compliant in line with the guidance at GDPR.eu